“In the essentials we need unity, in the nonessentials we need freedom; but in all things we need love.” Rupertus Meldenius
Our Faith Creed is intended to lay a foundation for belief and unity. There will always be secondary doctrines that Christians disagree upon, but there are core beliefs that we consider foundational.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Evangelical Statement of Faith)